Let us update your Genesis childtheme to support HTML5 & Schema.org markup!
Genesis 2.0.1 is here with
HTML5 & Schema.org support
So you have a Genesis powered website and you really understand the importance of SEO to make a successful business in your area. You have to be better, than your competition.
Sure, you can update Genesis framework to 2.0.1, but you have to enable HTML5 & Schema.org support in your functions.php file of your childtheme. If you enable this theme option, your site’s layout will break, because of the new markup. So you need to modify at least your functions.php and style.css file.
If you are a WordPress developer it won’t be a problem for you. If you don’t know php and css, you should leave this work to a professional team, like us.
Why implement Schema.org markup?
Let me start with explaining why you should be bothered with schema.org if you weren’t convinced yet. Not just Google uses schema.org, all 4 major search engines, Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Yandex use it for several different purposes. Yandex recently started doing something that’s way cooler than Google’s rich snippets, you should check that out. But it’s not just them. Recently, Pinterest joined the party by announcing support for Product, Recipe and Movie schema’s through their Rich Pins effort.
So, in my opinion, schema.org markup is a must for everyone serious about their websites optimization.
– Joost de Valk
Yoast.com: Schema.org & Genesis 2.0.1
What do you get from our
Genesis 2.0.1 Update Service?
- We upgrade your Genesis framework from 1.9+ to 2.0.1
- We duplicate your Genesis childtheme to have a backup
- We activate the HTML5 support in your new Genesis childtheme
- We convert your new childtheme to HTML5 & Schema.org markup
- We activate your new HTML5 & Schema.org ready childtheme
- We will setup your website to look the same as before
Step by step description of the update service
- Duplicate the active theme folder on the server and add “-html5” to the name
- Modifications in the style.css file:
- Theme Name: Theme name – HTML5
- Author: Surbma
- Author URI: https://surbma.com
- Version: 1.0
- Add normalize.css and our css fix at the beginning of the file
- Modifications for style.css and all other css files in the theme folder:
- Automatic conversion (thank you for the original idea from The Cobalt Apps team!)
- Checking all “.creds” classes as this class has been removed
- Checking all “.menu-…-container” classes as this class has been removed from the header right widget position
- If the theme has color variations:
- Checking all “.nav-primary li a” and add “.nav-primary li a:visited”
- Checking all “.nav-secondary li a” and add “.nav-secondary li a:visited”
- Checking all “.site-title a” and add “.site-title a:visited”
- Activate the HTML5 support in the functions.php after init.php has been called
- Modifications for functions.php and all other php files in the theme folder:
- Checking all the entry header hooks and put them in the right order
- Set the priority for all entry header hooks
- If add_action was used, the hook will specify the priority
- If remove_action was used, the function will specify the priority
- Convert all the add_action and remove_action hooks
- Check for “genesis_after” and “wp_footer” hooks, because the order of these two hooks are changed
- Check for “$loop_counter”, because it has been changed to “$wp_query->current_post”
- Checking all the plugins in the WP Admin which can alter css or php (ie. Jetpack, Genesis Simple Hooks)
- Check Genesis -> Theme Settings -> Header and Footer Scripts if there are any css
- Activate the new HTML5 theme
- Set the menus
- Set the widgets
- Set the custom header
- Set the custom background
- Check the new theme on front-end if everything is ready
As we keep on converting new themes, we extend this list with our new experiences.
Trust us! We know
WordPress & Genesis in and out…
My name is Peter Ambrus, also known as Surbma. I’m a professional WordPress front-end developer and programmer. I’ve been working with WordPress since 2006 and with Genesis since 2010. The Genesis Framework is the best theme framework for WordPress in my opinion.
I have a managed WordPress hosting in Hungary, this is the only hungarian hosting specialized for WordPress platform. Hundreds of websites are running Genesis themes in my service, so I’m working with this theme framework day by day.
We have already converted almost all StudioPress childthemes to the new HTML5 & Schema.org markup. It was a hard work and we have learnt a lot from this. There were a lot of issues almost all childthemes, because of the customized codes and the color variations.
We have tried automatic conversion solutions, but in the end, we had to make our own workflow to make the conversion perfect. Some part can be made by automatic scripts, but every conversion needs a lot of manual work and attention.
So now we offer our professional service for you and your business. Trust us! We will make this conversion for you without any problem or pain.
Are You Ready To
Upgrade Your Genesis Powered Website?
Great! Than please fill out this Genesis Update order form!
You will be redirected to PayPal’s website to finish the checkout.
© Copyright 2013 – Surbma.com – All Rights Reserved